Tips for Childproofing on the Go
- Do a childproofing check upon arrival anywhere your child will sleep overnight and move breakable or dangerous objects out of reach.
- At friends’ houses who have older children, watch out for older toys that may not be safe or may have small parts.
- When staying elsewhere overnight, be sure any borrowed cribs meet safety standards. It might be worth bringing your own portable crib.
- You might stock up on extra outlet covers for trips to hotels or for the room your child will be staying in when visiting friends or family.
- When visiting older relatives, beware of medications within reach.
American Academy of Pediatrics’ Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5
The Baby Book by Dr. William Sears