Easter weekend usually feels like the kick-off to celebrating warmer months. Dishes that would be served at a summer BBQ or picnic also make great sides for a brunch. This is especially true for classic sides like potato salad. I love using chipotle chiles in just about anything. The adobo sauce in the can has fantastic flavor and can be used to spice up any traditional meal. This potato salad will get noticed from the plain-jane varieties at your brunch table.
Zesty Chipotle Potato Salad Recipe
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chipotle / adobo puree
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 scallions, chopped, (complete both white and green parts)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped/minced
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 16-20 New or Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 -5 lbs) well-cooked, drained and cubed 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped into bits (optional)
Combine all the ingredients (except the potatoes) in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper (to taste) Place warm potatoes in a large bowl and pour the mixture over the potatoes. Mix well. Season again with salt and pepper to taste.