Grilled Espresso Venison Steaks
Grilled Espresso Venison Tenderloin
By Anne-Marie Nichols of
This Mama Cooks
- 2 venison tenderloin strips
- 2 tablespoons finely ground
espresso coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar (you could also use Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons NutraSalt Robusto Adobo low sodium sea salt
Tenderize the tenderloins by beating with a meat mallet tenderizer or puncturing with meat tenderizer knife.
Combine espresso rub ingredients in small bowl.
Sprinkle the espresso rub generously onto the tenderloins. Save the unused portion in a plastic bag in the freezer for later use.
Place venison tenderloins in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place tenderloins on a low heat grill and cook until rare or medium rare.
Carve tenderloin into ½ inch slices.
Serve with grilled vegetables and quinoa as side dishes.